We just released FluidRay RT 1.0.2. You can get it here.
- Support for heterogeneous media and Dreamworks OpenVDB for 3d textures
- Much faster ambient occlusion (up to 16x)
- Faster PathTracerIntegrator (please recreate it in your scenes to pick up the changes)
- Fixed some bugs causing crashes
- Improved library icons
Another test. The clouds are made by the same OpenVDB heterogeneous grid instanced multiple times at different scales and rotations. The air is an homogeneous medium with atmospheric scattering. The trees and grass are instances as well.
Heterogeneous media using Dreamworks’ OpenVDB.
We just added a new architectural rendering to the gallery. Click on the image to view the full resolution image.
FluidRay RT 1.0 is now available, you can get it here.
As a bonus, we also added a new Texture Pack, with hundreds of seamless textures. You can get it here.
New improvements in this release:
- Extensive documentation accessible through the help menu
- Node Reference (Right click on the nodes -> NodeReference)
- Updated getting started guide
- The library has been expanded with a ton of new textures and materials
- Texture Multiply
- Sort items lexicographically in the menu add
- Added min-max parameters in the procedural textures Fbm, Turbolence and Windy
- Circle procedural texture
- Fixed materials showing the wrong connections
- Fixed a lot of bugs causing crashes
- Speed improvements
- Improved selection quality
- Improved antialiasing quality
- Improved path trace integrator, reducing fireflies and improving convergence
We just added a couple of tutorials on how to add models and materials with an image preview to the library:
|Objects to Library
|Materials to Libray
Here is a new inderior rendering done with the PathTraceIntegrator and the Metropolis Sampler:
We are very exited to announce that FluidRay RT 1.0 will be released tomorrow. There are still 24 hours to take advantage of the Beta discount: FluidRay RT Store.
Version 1.0 includes a ton of improvements and bug fixed.
In the meanwhile, here is a new rendering.
We just released FluidRay RT 0.9.9, you can get it in the download page.
This version adds a ton of new features, in particular:
- Unbiased real-time volumetrics with multiple scattering
- Real-time image post-processing, allowing to change rendering output on the fly without starting over the rendering. Same of the operations available: Tone mapping, Color scaling, Image compositing, Auto-saving
- A bunch of importing bugs have been removed
We also added a couple of tutorials to illustrate the new features: