We just released FluidRay RT for Mac OSX! For now there is only the 64bit version, but the 32bit version is coming soon! Get it for free from the download page.
We just released FluidRay RT 0.8.1 Beta. This is a another big
release, featuring a ton of improvements in speed and usability:
- FluidRay RT is now completely free, registration is no longer required
- Updated to Embree 1.1 (better speed, lower memory usage)
- Added a Low Discrepancy sampler
- Improved quality and convergence speed on Metropolis sampler (more
to come in the upcoming releases)
- New object manipulator (adding rotation as well)
- Quick resolution picker in the RenderView
- Automatic disconnection of nodes when connecting to a plug that has
already a connection
- Added some velvet materials to the library
- Graph editor zoom is now centered on the cursor
- Automatic save of .bak files
As usual, you can get it for free in the download page.
We are just a few days away from the release of FluidRay RT 0.8.1, we thought it would be cool to let you know some of the new features:
– Integration with Intel Embree 1.1, which means smaller memory usage and faster performance
– Metropolis sampler improvements
– A bunch of user interface improvements to speed up workflow
We just released FluidRay RT 0.8.0 featuring:
– A new sampler type implementing Metropolis light transport
– Possibility to share your renderings on Facebook
As usual, you can get it from the download page
We just released FluidRay RT 0.7.7 Beta, featuring:
-Fixed incompatibilities with AMD processors, now it should work on pretty much any machine
-Improved UI and added pan functionality for people missing the middle mouse button
-Bug fixes and speed improvements
Just released FluidRay RT v.0.7.6 with the following new features:
-Output to high dynamic range formats, such as HDR and EXR
-Wavelength dependent index of refraction (dispersion)
-Some new gem materials
-Speed improvements and bug fixes
We just released FluidRay RT demo 0.7.3, featuring:
-A bunch of bug fixes
You can check out the demo at the download page.
We just released FluidRay RT 0.7.2 featuring:
-Fixed HDRI enviroment map scale issue
-Fixed text fields enter issues in the Attribute Editor
-Obj import now also imports textures and bump
-FluidRay RT x64 now installs in the “Program Files” and not in “Program Files (x86)”
-A bunch of other bug fixes
As usual, you can grab the package from the download page.
We just released FluidRay RT 0.7.1 featuring:
-Improved compatibility with AMD processors and video cards not supporting multisampling
-Sun-Sky procedural environment
-Up to 25% speed improvement
-A bunch of bug fixes
As usual, you can grab the demo from the download page.
We are pleased to announce the release of a new version of FluidRay RT real-time global illumination renderer. This is a huge update. New features:
– Spectral Rendering. The rendering is done now on a per wavelength basis, producing much more realistic results.
– Node library and Drag&Drop: assigning materials to objects, changing environment lighting, etc. is now done thru a super simple drag&drop interface, all in real-time. Nodes can be added to the library using Drag&Drop as well.
– IES lights, Spot lights
– Blackbody and arbitrary spectrum illumination
– Realistic Metals
– Participating media
– Video Tutorials to get started
– Speed Improvements & Bug Fixes
You can try FluidRay RT now by downloading the demo.
You can find a series of FluidRay RT introductory videos in the help page.